Update: We are no longer accepting applications for residency at the Cottage Village Co-op. We will update this page the next time there is an opening.
We are excited to announce that we are ready to begin accepting applications for housing at the Cottage Village Co-op in Cottage Grove!
Please note that there is still no definite move-in date as construction is still in progress. However, we are looking to select an initial group of approximately 9 households to help with the planning and development of the co-op prior to move-in. We are currently estimating that the initial units will be ready for occupancy in July/August 2020.
IMPORTANT: You must attend one of the scheduled information sessions before submitting your application!
Saturday May 16th @ 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Saturday May 16th @ 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Monday May 18th @ 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Monday May 18th @ 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Thursday May 21st @ 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Thursday May 21st @ 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Saturday June 6th @ 12:00pm - 12:30pm
Saturday June 6th @ 12:30pm - 1:00pm
The information sessions will be held at the Cottage Village site (1402 Madison Ave).
Additional information sessions may be scheduled based upon demand.
You can view the Cottage Village Co-op Application Packet here. Please review the application packet for more information on the costs and requirements associated with living at Cottage Village. Printed copies will be available at the information sessions.
Some key things to know include:
1. The vision for the Cottage Village Co-op is to provide an accessible and sustainable housing option for people with low-incomes through tiny houses that are safe, livable, and permanently affordable in a stable community setting. Residents will be members of a cooperative corporation responsible for the management and maintenance of the property.
2. In this first phase, there will be 5 units available at $350/month and 4 units available at $450/month.
3. The Cottage Village Co-op is more than just a cheap place to live. It requires your participation in the management and maintenance of the property through a democratic process.
4. There are minimum and maximum income limits (documentation required) to be accepted.
5. Priority will be given to applicants that live in Cottage Grove (current or within the past year), and those who are severely cost-burdened in their current housing (paying more than 50% of their monthly income toward housing) or without access to permanent housing.
Return completed applications to the Cottage Village site (1402 Madison Ave.) or scan and email to email@example.com
Please contact us with any questions.